For the latest updates on coronavirus please go to the coronavirus page of NHS.UK.
The latest information from Public Health England on coronavirus or COVID-19 can be found on the Public Health England website.
Coronavirus Support Information and your Wellbeing - Catalyst, an organisation who offer support, guidance and activities to increase wellbeing for people affected by stress, anxiety and depression, are still open for phone calls and support - check out there website here.
What is coronavirus?
Novel coronavirus (COVID-19) is a new strain of coronavirus first identified in Wuhan City, China. The 2019 novel coronavirus has been spreading since it was first reported in December 2019. Symptoms include fever and respiratory symptoms including coughing and shortness of breath.
Generally, coronavirus can cause more severe symptoms in people with weakened immune systems, older people, and those with long term conditions like diabetes, cancer and chronic lung disease.
Coronavirus testing in Surrey
People in Surrey who are eligible for a coronavirus test can find answers to their essential questions by going online at www.surreycc.gov.uk/coronavirustesting
The most up to date advice is available on the NHS coronavirus website.
Urgent advice: Use the NHS 111 online coronavirus service if:
• you feel you cannot cope with your symptoms at home
• your condition gets worse
• your symptoms do not get better after 7 days
Use the 111 coronavirus service
Please only call 111 if you cannot get help online.
How to avoid catching or spreading coronavirus
There are things you can do to help stop viruses like coronavirus spreading.
- cover your mouth and nose with a tissue or your sleeve (not your hands) when you cough or sneeze
- put used tissues in the bin immediately
- wash your hands with soap and water often – use hand sanitiser gel if soap and water are not available
- try to avoid close contact with people who are unwell
- do not touch your eyes, nose or mouth if your hands are not clean
More information on protecting yourself and your community is available at:
Five things you can do to protect yourself and your community